Re: [Swarm-Support] OS X and libtool 1.5

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] OS X and libtool 1.5
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:39:30 +1000

> On MacOS X the command seems to be "gsed," this is going to be a pain
> to fix...

It is already fixed.  Sed in Swarm is only used by libtool. With libtool
1.4.3 the libtool people introduced a configurable sed, and an autoconf
macro to configure it.  I have added these into the Swarm CVS.

I have not had time to check what is done in the 1.5 libtool release.  At
some point the sed identification macro whould appear in the standard
autoconf distribution.

Most of the autoconf macros now cope with gnu tools having names which
optionally begin with g.  This is necessary to enable installation on
systems where the built in tool has the same name as the GNU one.  On
MacOS X there is a BSD version of sed and an Apple binary called libtool.
Apple supply GNU libtool 1.4.2 as glibtool.  I built GNU sed as gsed.

Bill Northcott