[Swarm-Support] Re: trouble with index

From: emcleskey
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Re: trouble with index
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 23:07:52 -0600

Scott,
Thanks for your reply.  To answer your questions:  The return type for
-getXPos and -getYPos is float.  Here's how I wrote -getXPos (-getYPos is
written the same except sub Y for X):

- (float) getXPos{
  return xPos;
}

I'm not sure I know what you mean when you ask 'what class is element'.  The
code from the swarm user guide that I used to create my code is this:

id <Index> pplIndex = nil;
id         element  = nil;
int numberOfFriends;

pplIndex = [pplPresent begin: [self getZone]];
while ((element = [pplIndex next]) != nil)
{
  numberOfFriends = [element getNumFriends];
  if (numberOfFriends > 3)
    [popularPeople addLast: element];
}
[index drop];