[Swarm-Support] Porting problems...

From: Derek Farren
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Porting problems...
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:32:20 -0400

Hi.

I am upgrading Pietro Terna´s abcde Swarm v.1.0.5 simulation to v.2.2. I
followed all steps in the reference guide, but still get the following
errors. This errors are taken from the shell´s compilation output,
everithing else seems to be ok. The program complete its compilation, but
the .exe doesn´t run.

ERROR 1
------------------------
main.m
main.m: In function `main':
main.m:24: warning: passing arg 2 of `_initSwarm_' from incompatible pointer
type
------------------------
I really don´t know what´s wrong in this one, line 24 reads  initSwarm(argc,
argv);  ... if that helps....

ERROR 2
-----------------------
ModelSwarm.m
ModelSwarm.m: In function `-[ModelSwarm buildObjects]':
ModelSwarm.m:99: warning: `ConsumerDescription' does not respond to
`setSizeX:Y:'
----------------------
Seems to me like the method setSizeX:Y: isn´t defined anymore on any of the
classes imported from modelswarm.h.... should I create the method, or it
come on a diferent library class?? or comes now with a diferent name??

ERROR 3
----------------------
ConsumerDescription.m
ConsumerDescription.m: In function `-[ConsumerDescription clear]':
ConsumerDescription.m:17: warning: `ConsumerDescription' does not respond to
`fillWithValue:'
ConsumerDescription.m: In function `-[ConsumerDescription
addAConsumer:buyingLevel:offerPrice:]':
ConsumerDescription.m:28: warning: `ConsumerDescription' does not respond to
`putValue:atX:Y:'
ConsumerDescription.m:29: warning: `ConsumerDescription' does not respond to
`putValue:atX:Y:'
ConsumerDescription.m: In function `-[ConsumerDescription
addPricesToConsumer:buyingLevel:offerPrice:offerMinPrice:offerMaxPrice:]':
ConsumerDescription.m:49: warning: `ConsumerDescription' does not respond to
`putValue:atX:Y:'
ConsumerDescription.m:53: warning: `ConsumerDescription' does not respond to
`putValue:atX:Y:'
ConsumerDescription.m:54: warning: `ConsumerDescription' does not respond to
`putValue:atX:Y:'
Same here as error 2, but with methods fillWithValue and putValue:atX:Y: .

Any help would be highly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance...

Derek