Re: [Swarm-Support] a quick question on building actions

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] a quick question on building actions
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:33:02 -0500

Hello Derek:

It should do option a) below.

You say it does not do it, but don't explain how/what/where/when/why.

If you can't figure out what's up, I'd consider making one of those small Swarm test case files like Marcus has made and then diagnose it that way. In the middle of a complicated model, sometimes those things are tough to isolate.

Most of the small working examples are collected here:

http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/WorkingExampleCode/

Some of these may need tweaking to suit your environment, but if you edit them in Emacs, then the "local" line at the bottom will give the compiler/linker commands needed.

pj

Derek Farren wrote:
Hello everyone.

Lets say I have the following messages in ModelSwarm, buildActions:

[ModelActions createActionForEach: agentList message: M(firstMessage)];
[ModelActions createActionForEach: agentList message: M(secondMessage)];

That mean that the application will:

a) send firstMessage to all agents, then send secondMessage to all agents.
b) send firstMessage to the first agent in agentList, then send
secondMessage to the first agent in agentList, then send firstMessage to the
second agent in agentList, then send secondMessage to the second agent in
agentList, and so on...

I strongly believe answer is a), but my application isnĀ“t doing it... and
before starting a serious debugging session I would like to be sure what the
application should be doing.

Thanks

Derek