[Swarm-Support] Using swarm with IntelliJ Java IDE

From: Lindsay Ward
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Using swarm with IntelliJ Java IDE
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:11:29 +1000

Hi there,
        I see someone got to more talk pages than just mine... :)

        I am trying to use swarm with the Java IDE IntelliJ IDEA
(http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/). It's very cool and I'd like to use it, but
have not yet been able to get swarm working in it.
I searched through the archives of the mailing list without success. I can
set the swarm.jar file up in the classpath options in IntelliJ so that it
recognises swarm, but when I try to build it, it says something like:
C:\j2sdk1.4.2\bin\java ... StartSimpleBug
Exception caught: C:\Swarm-2.2\bin\javaswarm.dll: Can't find dependent
libraries
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: createBegin
        at swarm.SwarmEnvironmentCImpl.createBegin(Native Method)
        at swarm.Globals.<clinit>(Globals.java:39)
        at StartSimpleBug.main(StartSimpleBug.java:14)
Exception in thread "main"
Process finished with exit code 1

I also tried adding the C:\Swarm-2.2\bin directory to Windows XP's
environment variables with no luck.

Could anyone please suggest a solution?
IntelliJ is available for download and you can get a 30-day trial licence if
you want to try it in practice.

Thanks very much,

Lindsay Ward
Lecturer