Re: [Swarm-Support] Outlayers in an EZgraph

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Outlayers in an EZgraph
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 22:33:08 -0500

Did you ever notice that, if you stop a simulation, then you can use the left mouse button to select the region you want to display? Then start the sim again and the graph shrinks to the selected area. Right click will undo it.

It appears to me you are making progress in your Swarm mission, so let me throw you the next "help you help yourself" piece of info. A question like "is there any way to do X" can be answered by looking at the reference guide, which lists all the protocols/classes and all of the methods they answer to. I recommend everybody keep an copy of the docs in their computers. Mine are under ~/swarm/docs. http://www.swarm.org/wiki/Swarm:_documentation

I prefer the html format, and there's a copy stashed here in case you can't find it anywhere else

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/swarmdocs-2.2.tar.gz

But I gather most other people like the pdf format you get on swarm.org.

If you don't have that, look in the file /usr/include/swarm/analysis/EZGraph.h and you see a listing of all the method names. For setting axis limits, these two appear very promising,

- (void)setRangesXMin: (double)xmin Max: (double)xmax;
- (void)setRangesYMin: (double)ymin Max: (double)ymax;

and if I were you I'd try the reference manual, or just hack some code and test a model with this:

[someGraph setRangesYMin: 1.0 Max: 44.00];

It is a USING phase method, so use that after the createBegin/createEnd is complete. (I found it was in the USING phase by looking in /usr/include/swarm/analysis.h, which is the file where the documentation is written and the words in there are processed to make the reference guide.

pj

Derek Farren wrote:
Hello Everybody
Is there any way to make an EZgarph that shows only a limited range of the y axis? My time serie has some outlayes that makes the whole graph smaller, and details are harder to apreciate. Of course, I could work into the code and change the getter method that feeds the EZgraph in order to get only the not outlayer data, but I wanted to know is there was a simplier way. Thanks Derek

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504