Re: [Swarm-Support] Subject: alternaties to inFile and outFile for ascii

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Subject: alternaties to inFile and outFile for ascii text?
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:19:55 -0500

If you download the swarm**src.rpm file, it has the source code and a spec file in it that will control the build. If the hdf5 and blt rpms I provide worked for you, then building swarm should be as easy as

rpmbuild --rebuild swarm**.src.rpm

If you did not use my blt and hdf rpms, then I think it would be smart to rebuild them in the same way.

By default, that will try to write RPM output into /usr/src/redhat and you may not have user permission to write there. On my system, I re-direct the output by putting in a .rpmmacros file in my home dir. Here's the content

$ cat .rpmmacros
%_topdir  /home/pauljohn/LinuxDownloads/redhat

In /home/pauljohn/LinuxDownloads/redhat, it is necessary to create the subdirectory structure

SPECS
SOURCES
BUILD
RPMS/i386
RPMS/i686
RPMS/noarch
SRPMS

If you don't create those, the error will happen at the end of the long rpm build.

Incidentally, If you want to study the files, go like this

rpm -ivh swarm**.src.rpm

that will copy the source code to the SOURCE directory and in the SPEC directory you'll see the spec file. You can edit that file to put your iniitals or SUSE in the version number. That might be convenient.

THen, instead of rebuild, you build the rpm package with

rpm -ba swarm*.spec

pj

Prof. Avv. Giovanni Maniscalco Basile wrote:
Dear Paul,

I succeded in installing swarm on a SuSE 9.3 machine.
Could you tell me again how to build  an RPM self installing file?
I am coming to the Swarmfest in Turin and somebody could find it useful

Thanks

Gianni Maniscalco Basile

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504