[Swarm-Support] Swarm Java, Eclipse and Mac OS X

From: Thomas Louail
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Swarm Java, Eclipse and Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:50:28 +0200

Hi everybody,

I am a french student developping a ecological simulation platform with swarm java. I recently installed the swarm packages on my mac OS X and wished to write my model code under eclipse. So after installing the various packages, I created a new Java Eclipse Project, add the kawa.jar and swarm.jar archives to the classpath, add the javacswarm builder to the builders section and I set the SWARMHOME, PATH and DISPLAY environment variables to their values.
Then I copied the jSwarmBug tutorial code in my empty project and tried to run it. At this point the following error message printed on the screen :

<x-tad-bigger>Exception caught: no javaswarm in java.library.path</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: createBegin</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> at swarm.SwarmEnvironmentCImpl.createBegin(Native Method)</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> at swarm.Globals.<clinit>(Globals.java:39)</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> at StartSimpleBug.main(StartSimpleBug.java:25)

</x-tad-bigger>
So if I well understand, I got a problem with my javaswarm path, and the execution of swarm java native code couldn't be done...
I checked once again my path value, correct, and to "be sure", I had it to the "Environment" tab of the Eclipse Run Configuration Menu (i'm not sure it's very pertinent, but you know how it is when something doesn't work, you finish by trying a little bit everything :)
But nothing changed. So the situation is boring, because as I don't even succeed running the tutorial code, I can't either run my own model code!
So if someone accustomed with developing Swarm model under Eclipse on Mac OS X could help me and tell me what's wrong in my environment and project configuration, that would be really nice !

Thanks a lot, and have a good day
Thomas