Re: [Swarm-Support] confused abt installation Swarm 2.2 Java on Windows

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] confused abt installation Swarm 2.2 Java on Windows XP
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:48:54 -0500

As usual, you'll have to tell us exactly what you did and in what sense it does not work. I don't use Windows or Java, myself, but I have seen it done and know it works.

I presume you mean you've downloaded this?

ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/binaries/w32/Swarm-2.2-java.tar.gz

I have to admit the instructions are not entirely clear to me, either, here:

http://www.swarm.org/swarmdocs-2.2/set/swarm.installbook.install.article.html

But I think it is unclear to me because I don't do so much java anymore.

At the SwarmFest, the grad students from Torino had a simple X-Y-X for installing Java Swarm in Windows, it was given at the tutorial by Marco Lamieri and Michele "Sonny" Sonnessa. I'm googling the Swarm website now, and I find their document is here

http://eco83.econ.unito.it/terna/materiale/JavaSwarmTutorial_lamieri_sonnessa.pdf

That is about as step-by-step as things get.

HTH

pj

Peter Lam wrote:
Hi,

I downloaded swarm2.2 for java but i cannot get it to work what do i need to do for swarm to run under Windows XP?

any help is appreciated

thx

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504