Re: [Swarm-Support] Python Swarm

From: Steven H. Rogers
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Python Swarm
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 03:08:45 -0700

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

Steven H. Rogers wrote:

I've seen some references to Python and Swarm, but the current status is unclear. Is anyone actively working on a Python binding for Swarm?

The relevant work is the XPCOM (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xpcom) support in Swarm. From there, languages such as Python (http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/Komodo/PyXPCOM), or C++ or JavaScript are available for writing simulations. It's been several years since that code has been touched, but I built it a few months ago and there wasn't much bit rot. Most of the same code in Swarm would be inherited for Windows COM support. (I was kind of hoping to see support for CLR in GCC one of these day. There was a Google summer of code project that seems to have made some progress in that direction.)