[Swarm-Support] R and hdf5 question on OSX

From: paul box
Subject: [Swarm-Support] R and hdf5 question on OSX
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:34:41 +0930

Hello all

This question is not actually swarm, and if it gets no answer here I
will try an hdf5 or R discussion list.

I am installing the hdf5 library for R on my OSX machine.  The
'configure' script searches to find if hdf5 is installed on the
machine, and in my case says it is not.  I have hdf5 installed in
/usr/local/hdf5_1.6.1, right next to /usr/local/swarm2.2.  I obviously
don't have that directory in my library path.

The obvious solution (for a linux user) is to set PATH and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH in bash (in myh xterm window) to include these, but
when I type 'export' at the command prompt, there is no
LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to set.  Can somebody tell what needs to be
done in OSX to fix this?

Paul Box
CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems
Alice Springs, Australia