[Swarm-Support] How to terminate a GUISwarm?

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: [Swarm-Support] How to terminate a GUISwarm?
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:16:15 +0100

Hello,

I am using the java implementation of Swarm.

Currently I am searching for a way to terminate a running instance of a GUISwarm.

The background is that I want to do multiple runs of my model like in the simpleExperBug example (http://www.iba.k.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~iba/Swarmlec/yabuki03/swarm/tutorial/simpleExperBug). This includes terminating a instance of the model after it has been run.

In this example a running model swarm is terminated by calling getActivity().terminate();

However unlike this example my swarm, which needs to be terminated, is not of type SwarmImpl as the swarm in the example, but of type GUISwarm.

If I try calling getActivity().terminate() for this GUISwarm I get following error:

*** event raised for error: SourceMessage
*** function: auditRunRequest(), file: /src/swarm/src/activity/XActivity.m, line: 71
> cannot run an activity that is already completed
*** execution terminating due to error
/src/swarm/src/defobj/Symbol.m:187 -[Error(c) _raiseEvent:]

Where is my mistake? What else has to be terminated besides the activity? Is there any other way to terminate a GUISwarm?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Patrick Schmidt