[Swarm-Support] Installation for Windows XP home edition

From: Hans Schweiger
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Installation for Windows XP home edition
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 18:30:16 +0100

Dear Swarm-users and/or developers,

Can anyone give me some more detailed instructions for installing Swarm on a Windows-XP home edition machine.

I tried with the Objective-C version, but seems that only Cygwin is installed and not Swarm

Then I unzipped the Java version into the folder C:\Swarm-2.2-java.
But the only executable files in there, Swarm.jar and Kawa.jar, don't do anything. Trying to run Swarm.jar on Java-Swarm gives the following error: "Failed to load main class manifest attribute".

I tried also to follow the instructions on the files of Pietro Terna's CD, but without success.

How can I get a first simple example running, where I can do small modifications, re-compile, and learn how this thing works ?

Thanks for your help,

Hans Schweiger

--
Dr. Hans Schweiger

energyXperts.BCN

Ingeniería Termo-energética y Energías Renovables
Thermo-energetical Engineering and Renewable Energies

Creu dels Molers, 15, 2o 1a
08004 Barcelona (Spain)

e-mail: address@hidden
tel/fax: +34 934 415 395