Re: [Swarm-Support] xpm-4.2 package problem encountered insta lling swar

From: Jakson A. Aquino
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] xpm-4.2 package problem encountered insta lling swarm-2.2 on Ubuntu
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:33:10 +0000

Hi,

I have some tips on how to install swarm (Objective-C) on
Debian that might be useful to you:

http://distante.dyndns.org:8280/swarm.en.html

I think that Ubuntu (since it's derived from Debian) doesn't
install libXpm where swarm expects to find it, but there is
no need of installing from source any of swarm dependencies.
The Debian repositories (and, I think, the Ubuntu Universe)
have packages of all dependencies.

Regarding the libxpm, you can use the command
"dpkg -L libxpm-dev" to find where the library is.

I hope that this help...

Jakson