[Swarm-Support] Re: Help in poisson distribution and generator

Subject: [Swarm-Support] Re: Help in poisson distribution and generator
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:26:26 -0400 (EDT)

I will test this.
Anyone could help us?

--- On Mon 05/15, Paul Johnson < address@hidden > wrote:

From: Paul Johnson [mailto: address@hidden
To: address@hidden, address@hidden
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 21:02:17 -0500
Subject: Re: [Spam:0006 SpamScore] [Swarm-Support] Help in poisson distribution and generator

Sorry, I did not read this mail until today. It was in the Spam catcher.

Generators are not linked to distributions. The distributions just need
long streams of integers, and they are just as happy with one as another.

Now, if you are asking "I've used MT19937 (the best one) generator for
one random stream, and I need another random stream to draw values from,
what should I use next?" then I don't know. Perhaps you could
initialize another MT19937 generator with a different seed.

Maybe the experts will advise us.