[Swarm-Support] Followup: found work-around for missing ~/swarmarchiver.

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Followup: found work-around for missing ~/swarmarchiver.scm too
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 01:17:13 -0500

Concerning the point that the window geometries are not saved anymore, I have a work around.

Recall the problem is that lispArchiver is not created. If you debug in main.m, of any swarm app, you'll find "lispArchiver" is not created by initSwarm (at least on Fedora Core Linux).

The global variable "lispArchiver" is defined, but it is nil. So just put in this one line in main.m:

lispArchiver = [LispArchiver create: globalZone setPath: "/tmp/swarmArchiver.scm"];

Run the model, hit the "save" button,and the settings are saved into /tmp/swarmArchiver.scm.

Still don't know the reason why gcc-4.1 (or something else in FC5 broke), but I'm starting to suspect I may figure it out someday.

In Heatbugs, I find that inserting this line after initSwarm will cause the saving and recovering to work as it did before.

lispArchiver = [LispArchiver create: globalZone
          setPath: "/home/pauljohn/.swarmArchiver.scm"];

I fiddled around with ways to automate the retrieval of my HOME directory. But all the ways I try cause a seg fault. So I'll spare you.

pj

Professor, Political Science          http://pj.freefaculty.org
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504 University of Kansas Office: (785) 864-9086