[Swarm-Support] Problem installing swarm 2.2 on a Ubuntu system

From: Robert Lopez
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Problem installing swarm 2.2 on a Ubuntu system
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:19:50 -0500

I am trying to install swarm on my Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (Dapper Drake) system. After downloading the source, extracting swarm-2.2.tar.gz, and running ./configure I receive the following error:

checking directory of libXpm... /usr/lib
configure: error: Please use --with-xpmlibdir to specify location of XPM.

I have installed the libxpm4 and libxpm-dev packages. The libraries are in /usr/lib. Running './configure --with-xpmlibdir=/usr/lib' results in the same error message.

The library is version 4.11, not the version 4.2 specified on the web page http://www.swarm.org/wiki/Swarm:_stable_release. However, I can't find version 4.2 anywhere, and I'm not sure that this is even the problem.

I was unsuccessful finding help using Google queries.

Thanks in advance...

--

- Rob