Re: [Swarm-Support] MacOS x86_64 and message forwarding

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] MacOS x86_64 and message forwarding
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 21:26:02 +1000

On 24/10/2006, at 6:09 PM, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
AFAIK the avcall/libffi problem cannot be sorted for x86_64 because Apple have not released the documentation for the calling convention yet.
Well, GCC implements it, so the info is in its config files. Also it is possible to figure it out experimentally by using, for example, the forwarding test cases inside the debugger to see where expected numbers land in the frame.

I have not found an x86_64 Darwin version in the gcc tree. There is a sysV x86_64 but I am sure that, as with the 32 bit stuff, Apple's version is different. If you want to hack it up by grovelling in stack frames, please be my guest. For now, I would be happy with a decent ppc/ppc64/i386 binary and leave the x86_64 heroics until Leopard gets released.

Unfortunately, I have a few deadlines right now. So I don't have much time for Swarm.

Bill