Re: [Swarm-Support] OutOfMemoryError

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] OutOfMemoryError
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:12:32 -0400

Yes, Java has a maximum amount of heap space that it allocates by default, and you are likely hitting this limit.  There should be a "-Xmx" option that you can pass to java.exe which increases that maximum heap space, so something like "java.exe -Xmx1G"  would set the maximum heap size to 1GB.  Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the details of Java Swarm; I believe there is a script, javaswarm, which sets up the environment to run a Java Swarm application.  I'm not sure if you need to modify that script or can pass the parameter on the command line.

cheers
Scott