Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm and Leopard - part 1 - Objective-c simulations

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm and Leopard - part 1 - Objective-c simulations
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 09:53:13 +1100

On 05/11/2007, at 2:00 AM, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
Alessandro Perrone wrote:
alessandro-perrones-power-mac-g5:simpleCBug alex$ ./bug
Version 0 doesn't match runtime protocol version 2
Abort trap
Sounds like that Apple made some changes to the binary interface between the compiler and the runtime.

I would be very sure the interface with the compiler has changed. The runtime is quite changed to support the new stuff in Objective-C 2.0 like garbage collection etc..

There may be a backward compatibility switch in the compiler, but If you really want to run something now I think Marcus' suggestions of using the MacOS branch or Linux would be the way to go. Are you using Xcode 2.5 or 3? I have not even installed 3.0 yet. I have more urgent deamons to battle.

Bill