[Swarm-Support] Participation in GSoC with Swarm

From: Pavel Vinogradov
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Participation in GSoC with Swarm
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 02:14:51 +0400

  Hello.

  My name is Pavel VInogradov, I'm postgraduate student from Russia.
I'm study in Izhevsk State Technical University
(http://inter.istu.ru/) and my postgraduate work concerned with multi
agents and swarm intelligence (in transport logistic and text
understanding).

   I'm interest in participate in GSoC with SDG organization. I'm
already participate in GSoC in previous year with Debian organization
and successfully finish my project and continue my work on them now.
In previous year i was choose Debian organization because it is my
primary distribution for last three years, I spend great summer and
get good experience in interaction between projects and developers. In
this year i search project more closely to my postgraduate work or
software integration fields. And i was very surprised with SDG group.

   And finally about me:
- I'm study in Izhevsk State Technical University on CS faculty. I'm
receive my engineer degree in 2007 year and now  studing at
post-graduate course. My previous research work concerned with
automatic software compilation and testing for use in ACM-like
programming contest and training. Now my interests moved to mobile
resource scheduling and text understanding.

- I have rich experience in development of billing systems (custom and
3rd party). I'm implement on LDAP-based  authorization and
authentication system that integrate identification for various
services of enterprise infrastructure. Now i'm work on mobile resource
scheduling based on multi agent modeling solution. In Open Source
community i'm work with various project from Debian to Python. I'm
release and community manager of SAMS (SQUID Account Management
System) project [1] (only in Russian). Founder and lead developer of
NixDev group [2].

- Currently we collaborate with company Magenta Technology [3] on
field of Multi Agents technology. And we are using theirs solution for
multi agent modeling (it include Ontology manager, visualization,
messaging and more).
- I'm currently don't have any practical experience with Objective-C
(only some theory). But have practical experience with C and C++
languages.
- In last year my interest moved from C/C++ language to Python and
Java. I'm use Python for most small and medium size projects, and Java
for commercial software. I have some experience with various Python
interpreter (Python, PyPy, Jython, ShedSkin as user and contributor)
and interest in such experience with Java,
- After reading you ideas for GSoC i found two most interesting to me
   -  system thread parallelism for Swarm scheduler
   -  various improvements in Swarm and Java integrations
  My interest not limited to this project and i have some ideas about
this - but it too more for introduction letter:)
- Tarasov Vladimir address@hidden - This is my scientific consultant and mentor
- Anton Ivashenko address@hidden - This is my mentor
from Magenta Technology company

I have experience in various aspects of software development (from bug
fixing to architecture development and prototyping).

[1] http://sams.nixdev.net/
[2] http://nixdev.net/
[3] http://www.magenta-technology.com/

--