[Swarm-Support] what info files should a swarm build generate

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: [Swarm-Support] what info files should a swarm build generate
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:21:28 -0600

Hi, guys:

I installed Fedora 10 and built a Swarm RPM, but have trouble installing it because the package I built tries to overwrite /usr/share/info/dir. I'm not an info guy, I'm more of a man guy. And I never worried much about these things that pop out of a Swarm install. Unless they break the RPM. Then I care.

In previous builds of Swarm, the only info file I've seen installed is the objc-features.info file. This new trouble maker, called "dir", is trying to overwrite the main info directory, and I can't have that. So perhaps the Swarm build is looking to see if a dir file currently exists, and because it does not exist in the "empty" fake install directory, then it creates one? I think I did not see this conflict in F7 or F8 before because the info target directory was guessed as /usr/info, but in this F10 box, it is choosing /usr/share/info

Throw me a pointer, I'll track it down. I may just try to block the installation of any info files, if I can figure how to do that without making the RPM build script get mad at me.

PJ

Professor, Political Science          http://pj.freefaculty.org
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504 University of Kansas Office: (785) 864-9086