[Swarm-Support] Unable to run Heatbugs in Eclipse

From: Williamson, Robert J
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Unable to run Heatbugs in Eclipse
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:41:34 -0400

I am trying to run java Heatbugs through eclipse. I am using the jHeatbugs -
2.1 files from the ftp site. With java 6, and java swarm 2.2.

I changed the following code because it would not compile (there is no
FArgumentsImpl constructor with three arguments in my library)
HeatbugsModelSwarm -- lines 299-300 --
new FCallImpl (this, proto, sel,
                        new FArgumentsImpl (this, sel, true))

new FCallImpl (this, proto, sel,
                        new FArgumentsImpl (this, sel))

The GUI starts up and once i click start or next i get the following error:
Exception drawSelfOn: Heatbug
        at
newAgentPackage.HeatbugObserverSwarm.buildObjects(HeatbugObserverSwarm.java:231)
        at newAgentPackage.StartHeatbugs.main(StartHeatbugs.java:30)
(Tcl -eval:) couldn't read file "C:Swarm-2.2-java/lib/tcl8.4//word.tcl": no
such file or directory
    while executing
"source C:\Swarm-2.2-java/lib/tcl8.4//word.tcl"
while evaluating: source C:\Swarm-2.2-java/lib/tcl8.4//word.tcl

from reading the archives i take it taht the (Tcl -eval)... error can be
ignored in eclipse.
After tracing the other error back i found that it comes from the following
code.

HeatbugsObserverSwarm -- lines 223-229 --
    try {
      heatbugDisplay = new Object2dDisplayImpl
        (getZone (), worldRaster, heatbugModelSwarm.getWorld (),
         new Selector (Class.forName ("Heatbug"), "drawSelfOn", false));
    } catch (Exception e) {
      System.err.println ("Exception drawSelfOn: " + e.getMessage ());
    }

Any ideas on how i can fix this?

Thanks,
Robert Williamson