Re: [Swarm-Support] Make error

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Make error
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:18:57 -0600

Hello

It is hard to say for sure without a more complete report on what kind of
system  you have, what your configure
statement had, and the complete output, but...

The last time I was building Swarm was June, 2010, and with more recent Ubuntu,
it was necessary to use the newest
version of Swarm from the version control system.  I am trying to reconstruct
in my mind the situation, but nobody at
Swarm.org officially said there was a release 2.4, but I did take a snapshot
and say "this is 2.4" and I built RPM and
DEB packages for it.

I remember posting in support about this, I don't recall anybody yelled at me
about it.  Or, if they did, I pretended
not to notice :)

Now, the hard part, is figuring out how I was trying to make this available.
The RPM and SRPM for Fedora are here:

http://pj.freefaculty.org/Swarm/Swarm-Packages/Fedora/13/x86_64/kups/packages/

With names like

http://pj.freefaculty.org/Swarm/Swarm-Packages/Fedora/13/x86_64/kups/packages/swarm-2.4.0-20100628.fc13.src.rpm

It appears the last Ubuntu I made was this folder,

http://pj.freefaculty.org/Swarm/Swarm-Packages/Ubuntu/10.04/amd64/swarm

Example file:

http://pj.freefaculty.org/Swarm/Swarm-Packages/Ubuntu/10.04/amd64/swarm/libswarm0_2.4.0-1_amd64.deb

It seems like I decided to just mix together under one directory structure all
the packages that I try to support, which
I would eagerly admit makes it harder for you to tell where everything is.

The part that is bothering me is that I don't seem to have posted just the
tar.gz file of the source code, except in the
context of the Ubuntu packaging.  So you can get it there

http://pj.freefaculty.org/Swarm/Swarm-Packages/Ubuntu/10.04/amd64/swarm/swarm_2.4.0.orig.tar.gz

But if you want to get it built "just right", you should consider using the
packaging tools I have in the same directory
to get the configure statement correct. I mean, you can get the original source
from the redhat packaging, of course,
but it is not like me to forget to give you the tarball itself.

I'll make sure there is a copy of it here:

http://pj.freefaculty.org/Swarm

pj

On 01/27/2011 12:10 PM, Goldsby, Mike E wrote:

> Hi--
>
> I am trying to build swarm 2.2.3 and get the message
>   ../src/.libs/libswarm.so: undefined reference to swarm_lookup_module
>
> Is there a known cure for this?
>
> Thanks,
> --Mike
> Michael E. Goldsby
> Sandia National Laboratories   Livermore, California
> address@hidden     925-294-3739

Professor, Political Science          http://pj.freefaculty.org
Assoc. Director, Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504