[Swarm-Support] Windows 7 Cygwin -- can't find cygwin1.dll

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Windows 7 Cygwin -- can't find cygwin1.dll
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 07:38:09 -0700

Hi- Has anyone figured this one out? I installed Cygwin/Swarm on a new Windows 7 machine and it worked fine, for a while. Then it stopped (probably after some Windows update or because of installing some other software).

When I tried to re-install, Cygwin can't find some of the basic shell commands ("ls" etc.). Trying to use Make causes a segmentation fault, and if I try to run a compiled Swarm code a Windows error dialog pops up and says it can't find Cygwin1.dll.

Sometimes instead when trying to start a Swarm program there's a Cygwin error about being unable to allocate cygwin heap.

I suspect the Windows registry is messed up but haven't investigated that. Anyone else deal with this?

Thanks,

Steve R.

--
Steve Railsback