swarm-swarmfest2004

[SwarmFest2004] organizing the organizing committee for SwarmFest 2004

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: [SwarmFest2004] organizing the organizing committee for SwarmFest 2004
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:27:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Here is the current list of people on the SwarmFest2004 mail list
(ie, the people receiving this message!):

Rick Riolo <address@hidden>
Jim Anderson <address@hidden>
Christine Muongchanh <address@hidden>
Paul Box <address@hidden>
Roger Burkhart <address@hidden>
Randy Burge <address@hidden>
Steve Railsback <address@hidden>
Pietro Terna <address@hidden>
Alex Lancaster <address@hidden>

I hope that I/we can safely assume you are all volunteering to be on the
SwarmFest 2004 organizing committee, yes?
(I think Alex said maybe...)

If so, that is great.   In the next few days i will try to
send an estimate of costs for rooms, meals, etc, for the conference
to be held here at UM and post it out.

I will also post some ideas for a keynote speaker.
If you have ideas for keynotes, please do send them.

I would like to get a keynote locked in so that we
can then send out the CFP asap.

We have the start of the official web pages at
   http://www.cscs.umich.edu/swarmfest04/

There is a private swiki for organizating things at
   http://cscs.umich.edu:8000/SwarmFest-2004
   user swarm   pw *bees*
I am trying to put all info there, eg,
  checklist
  notes from past swarmfests
  notes for this year
Please add info as you see fit.

Thanks for your help!

- r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://cscs.umich.edu/~rlr