swarm-swarmfest2004

[SwarmFest2004] research paper submission

From: Scott Christley
Subject: [SwarmFest2004] research paper submission
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:52:13 -0500

I already have a submission in for a development report on Swarm/GNUstep integration project; however, if there is space then I would like to give presentation on my research.

thanks
Scott

Title: Dissemination of Culture using a Quantum Model

ABSTRACT

Axelrod's cultural dissemination model introduces an agent-based simulation where random agent interactions transmit culture through an agent population, and the system evolves over time to form multiple stable homogeneous cultural regions. We expand upon this work by introducing a quantum model. Agents are represented by quantum registers, and agent interactions are quantum operations performed on those registers. Results indicate that multiple stable hetergeneous cultural regions form, the number of regions is greater in the quantum model, and there is a greater diversity in the sizes of the cultural regions.