swarm-swarmfest2004

Re: [SwarmFest2004] Sumission format

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: [SwarmFest2004] Sumission format
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:37:40 -0500 (EST)

Hi Virginia,

In general we choose papers for talks, and choose the length of talk,
based on the expected overall interest in the presentation.
Thus the advantage of submitting a extended abstract or full paper
is that we will have a better idea of what the talk will be like.
However, if you just submit an abstract by 31 March you will
still be considered for a talk (short or long), and you can
submit a longer abstract or paper later (for publication online,
and elsewhere if we do publish hardcopy of the proceedings).

Models are used for research, but some is more "basic" and some
is more "applications" oriented research.
And some of presentations are about development of tools for doing
modeling, e.g., extensions to some package (Swarm, RePast, NetLogo, etc),
development for doing parallel computation, or even about entire
new modeling platforms.

I hope that answers your questions --- if you have more
questions, let us know.

We look forward to your submission for SwamFest2004!

- r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://cscs.umich.edu/~rlr