Re: [Swftools-common] avi2swf not being compiled, avifile-config present

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] avi2swf not being compiled, avifile-config present
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:34:26 +0100

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 10:19:54AM -0600, Don Seiler wrote:
> >     DEPEND=">=media-libs/t1lib-1.3.1
> >             media-libs/freetype
> >             media-libs/jpeg"
> >     RDEPEND=""
>
> You don't think I need to dep on xpdf, ttf2pt1, lame, or libpng?

You don't. png2swf has it's own PNG parser, and the relevant sources from
the xpdf, ttf2pt1 and lame packages are all included in swftools (that's
why the tarball is so big ;)).

The dependency on the lame library is one which will come back at some
point in the future, though, as I plan to remove the lame sources from
swftools again in one of the next versions (patent issues).

Greetings

Matthias