Re: [Swftools-common] extracting from Impress slides

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] extracting from Impress slides
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:54:12 +0200

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 01:14:15PM -0700, John Taber wrote:
> I have created a slideshow in Impress and exported it to a swf file - now I
> want to separate the slides to use with swfc and set various times and
> sounds.  I tried swfextract but the output showed a lot more frames than
> slides (about 36 frames and only 12 slides) How can I do this?  Thks.

Yes, Impress inserts several empty "slides" between the actual slides when
exporting to SWF, even if you have no slide transitions.

I'd try to extract the first few frames and try to determine the pattern
of which frames aren't empty (with the Impress 1.1 on my machine, it's
every second frame, in your case it looks like it's every third frame- maybe
you have a different version or have switched on some slide transition).
Then just extract those frames.

Greetings

Matthias