Re: [Swftools-common] Need help with a print solution

From: Chris Flowers
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Need help with a print solution
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:09:27 -0400

Thanks Matthias,
Attached is a zip file containing 'slidestest1.swf' and 'slidestest2.swf'.
Both were build in Flash MX by hand.
The print template is 3 pages with 6 slides per page. I included pdfs of the
output of both so you can see whats happening.

I ran swfdump on both and it looks like Test1 places 18 instances of
'slides' and Test2 attempts to place and reuse elements.

The problem with Test1 is that the actionscript needed to set the proper
frames never executes when the print is called.
So page1 is ok but pages 2 and 3 remain displaying Slide 1 for all slides.
This is the default behavior of the Flash Player
which you may not be able to work around.

Other tests on slide creation:
I created a 'rawslides' from a pdf. Then ran swfextract to make individual
swfs of the frames. Then rebuilt with swfcombine.
The rebuilt version comes out much larger in filesize. It seems the rebuilt
version does not make an attempt to share
symbols but creates new ones for every frame.

Thanks again for your help.
Chris