Re: [Swftools-common] Compiling pyswf on OS X

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Compiling pyswf on OS X
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:11:28 +0200

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 08:18:28PM +0200, Ksenia Marasanova wrote:
> >Could you try replacing
> >    $(L) [...]
> >with
> >    ../../libtool $(L) [...]
> >in lib/python/Makefile (line 30), and running "make" again?
> >
> >If it complains about "-shared" again, please also try removing
> >"-shared" from the Makefile as well and again running "make".
> >

> Did both... still the same:
>
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g SWF.o tagmap.o taglist.o tag.o image.o tags.o
> action.o primitives.o pyutils.o -o SWF.so -framework Python
> ../librfxswf.a -L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libt1.a
> /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.62.0.0.dylib -lm
> /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.dylib -lz
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _main
> make[1]: *** [SWF.so] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Ok, seems libtool is unillumined about MacOS X, too.
Do you have a static libtool (libtool --version) on you system?
it should be part of the automake package.
If yes, could you try "libtool" instead of "../../libtool" and
run "make" again?

> Sorry, dont know much about OS X internals. If it's going to slow for
> you I can create an account for you on my Mac next week... it's a poor
> man ADSL connection in Middle East, but should be possible ;)

That would be great! We can also screen(1) the session so you can see
what I'm doing.

Greetings

Matthias