Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF dashed line bug...

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF dashed line bug...
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:35:16 +0100

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 03:43:11PM -0800, Jeremy Malczyk wrote:
> Just wondering what the status if this bug is and when/if it will be fixed. I
> have some PDF images
> with maps in them that become virtually unreadbale because of dashed or
> hatched lines that get
> converted to solid or heavy lines instead.

This is probably the oldest bug in pdf2swf (it's there since 2000).
For some reason, you're the first person complaining about it. ;)

Problem is that it's pretty tricky to fix because the lines/splines need
to be converted to a polygon in order to make it work correctly
independent of the line width.  I haven't gotten around to it yet-
also not sure when I'll have the time to tackle it.

But: Could you send me one of those map PDFs, so I have something to
test the fix with whenever I *do* get around to it?

Thanks,

Matthias