Re: [Swftools-common] using png's in .button

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] using png's in .button
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:18:50 +0000

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 05:33:46PM -0800, Jonathan Henigin wrote:
> I'd like to use external png's for buttons, right now i'm exporting
> them to .swf but I need to create the area manually, is there any way
> to get the size of an imported swf and use it for a custom area?

Not at the moment, unless of course you do something like
write a perl script which uses swfdump or swfbbox to determine the size,
and then puts it into the .sc script.

Maybe at some point in the future, there will be something
like

    .swf myswf filename="file.swf"
    .box button_area size=myswf.bbox

which would make this possible.

> Or is png support in swfc comming anytime soon?

It's in the imminent queue- I just don't get around to work much on swfc
at the moment.

Greetings

Matthias