Re: [Swftools-common] Running gif2Swf as a CGI application

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Running gif2Swf as a CGI application
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:30:06 +0000

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 11:25:23AM -0500, Dave Cook wrote:
> Hi Matthias:
> Yes, I have an application that would love to have pdf2swf as a CGI.  I've
> been toying with the forking stuff at:
> http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/01/07/mod_perl.html?page=2
> Haven't had a lot of time to play with this but would a "-C" be hard to
> implement?

It's easy for "normal" pdf2swf runs, but gets somewhat tricky for
"pdf2swf -b" and "pdf2swf -l".

Since you'd be running pdf2swf from a perl script anyway (right?),
wouldn't it be enough if there was a "-C" option for swfdump, which
would write out cgi output for it's input file?
Then, doing something like

    pdf2swf -q -lb file.swf -o /tmp/output.swf
    swfdump -C /tmp/output.swf

would generate cgi output.

Greetings

Matthias