Re: [Swftools-common] Frame rate with embeded animations

From: Patrick Brockmann
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Frame rate with embeded animations
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:06:46 +0100

Chris Flowers wrote:

Hi all,

My purpose is to create a movie controller template to embed
swf animations created from jpeg files.

From existing examples, I have successfully recomputed a small moviecontroller with back,forward... buttons (see http://dods.ipsl.jussieu.fr/brocksce/swf_test/)
But I have some difficulties to control the speed of the animation.

All experience on this point will be greatly appreciated.
Working from my real life exemple would be great.

Patrick

My guess is you're embedding swfs that do not match the host's framerate.
Your animation is at 1fps and the controller is 50fps.

Chris

Hi Chris,
I have recreated the animation_to_embed.swf with a 50fps with following command
jpeg2swf -r 50 -q 100 -o animation_to_embed.swf  myfiles*.jpg

Then recreated the animation (moviecontrol.swf+animation_to_embed.swf).
It seems that this has not any impact on the control of the speed.
Any other suggestion ?
Thanks
Patrick