Re: [Swftools-common] javascript swfc problems

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] javascript swfc problems
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:16:50 +0200

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 04:34:34PM +0200, Juan Ramón Rico wrote:
> 'img0.swf' is a slide with audio. If I mix javascript+.swf, ej:
>
> var flashMovie=window.documento.fashMovie; (using embed)
>
> flashMovie.Play(), flashMovie.Stop() and flashMovie.GotoFrame(4) don't
> work properly.

Does this work with other SWFs? I.e., do you suspect the problems
on the SWF side?

> 1.- There is any way to syncronize the sound with the frames? to do
> flashMovie.GotoFrame(5) and flashMovie.Playe(5)

There are soundstreams, which are not implemented yet in swfc yet
though (they're a TODO).
Right now, what you can do, though, is do a
"wav2swf -r <rate> file.wav -o sound.swf"
with <rate> being the same framerate as your .sc script generated
movie.swf, and then combine the two:
    swfcombine -Tm movie.swf sound.swf

> 2.- How could I run a javascript sentence into .sc? Ej.:
>       .frame 10
>            javascript:alert('The end');
>            javascript:window.document.n++;

You've probably figured out by yourself by now- anyway,
quoting from my ActionScript quick reference:

"With some browsers, it's possible for Flash movies to call
 Javascript functions, using the fscommand() function, or
 the javascript:-protocol of the getURL() Function.
 See http://www.moock.org/webdesign/flash/fscommand";

Greetings

Matthias