[Swftools-common] configuring swftools with avifile

From: Adam Wilmer
Subject: [Swftools-common] configuring swftools with avifile
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 05:19:03 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I'm trying to install avi2swf but when I configure
swftools (swftools-0.6.3) I get

checking for missing libraries...  avifile
* The following headers/libraries are missing:
avifile
* Disabling avi2swf tool...

I've configured, made and installed avifile-0.7-0.7.43
into /usr/local/lib/avifile-0.7 and
/usr/local/include/avifile-0.7 and the header files,
library files seem ok.

I've tried playing with environment settings, eg
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib/avifile-0.7"
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include/avifile-0.7"
./configure
but still no joy.

Can someone give me some tips as to what I am doing
wrong?

Thanks

Adam