[Swftools-common] Problems with ALLCAPS with special and foreign charact

From: Andreas Jorneus
Subject: [Swftools-common] Problems with ALLCAPS with special and foreign characters.
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:34:36 +0100

Hi,

We are working on a application that uses pdf2swf (windows version).

Our problem is that we use russian/Czech republic/etc  characters and the textbox is set to ALLCAPS.

The documents are made in Indesign CS2 and exported to PDF with the ”high quality print” settings.

I have tried to use different fonts, but the only way to get some output is to remove the chars like Ž and chars alike.

I have made a pack with some tests and the flash files created by pdf2swf.

Files with NOCAPS working great, but if ALLCAPS are set characters dissapears and the swf output gets corrupted.

Is there a workaround to this problem with ALLCAPS in PDF/indesign or is the bug reported to swftools dev before?

http://magny.dyndns.org:8080/magny/test_docs.zip

cheers Andreas Jorneus