Re: [Swftools-common] Is it possible to make a screenshot of SWF to JPEG

From: Bertrand L.
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Is it possible to make a screenshot of SWF to JPEG?
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:08:18 +0200

2007/9/27, Stas Davydov <address@hidden>:
> Greetings!
>
> Is it possible to make a screenshot of SWF to JPEG with SWF Tools?

I second that. I need to have a bitmap version of the PDF as well. I
was using Ghostscript to render PDF to PNG (or JPG), but the problem
is that GS adds some margins, the size are not exactly the same, so
the PNG is not exactly the same that the SWF and this is really a
problem for me, I need to have a perfectly identical copy.

Another solution would be to use the Flash Player, use a BitmapData
object and render the swf into this BitmapData, but transferring the
BitmapData to the server (so you can compress it to JPG using php and
gd) is *very* long because you are transferring pixels in clear text
and without any compression (I am using Flash 8).

Thanks.