Re: [Swftools-common] Cannot compile swftools from CVS

From: Bertrand L.
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Cannot compile swftools from CVS
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:56:26 +0200

> Are there any other "hunks FAILED" messages?

No, this is the only hunk FAILED I got.

> What does
>     find -name "*.rej"
> display?

./xpdf-3.02/config.h.rej

> If you need a quick fix, try adding
>   class Object;
> to the very beginning of xpdf/OutputDev.h.

I tried the quick fix, but I get other errors now...

g++ -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -I/home/test.include -I/usr/include/freetype2
-Ilame -fPIC -fPIC -Wparentheses -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -O
-fomit-frame-pointer  -I ./ -I xpdf InfoOutputDev.cc -o
InfoOutputDev.o
In file included from xpdf/SplashOutputDev.h:21,
                 from InfoOutputDev.cc:2:
xpdf/OutputDev.h:157: error: type specifier omitted for parameter `Dict'
xpdf/OutputDev.h:157: error: syntax error before `*' token
xpdf/OutputDev.h:221: error: `Ref' was not declared in this scope
xpdf/OutputDev.h:221: error: syntax error before `)' token
xpdf/OutputDev.h:93: error: `NULL' was not declared in this scope
xpdf/OutputDev.h:94: error: `NULL' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [InfoOutputDev.o] Error 1

I guess I should stop bothering you with this and wait for swfrender
to be released at least in a development snapshot. Too bad, I'll still
use Ghostscript in the meanwhile even if the result is not satisfying
at all.

Thank you again Matthias for your help and your tools !