Re: [Swftools-common] Slight typo fix in pdf2swf.c & possible feature re

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Slight typo fix in pdf2swf.c & possible feature request
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:27:50 +0100

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:55:20AM -0600, Ryan Gardner <address@hidden> wrote:
> In looking for an argument to pass a default background color, I came
> across this line in the latest 2008-03-24-2356 version:
> [...]

Fixed. Thanks!

> I also noticed that if I do:
>
>     pdf2swf -T9 -s filename.pdf
>
> it prompts me:
>
>     "Please specify an input file"

That's to be expected. The -s option requires an argument, which, in
this case, is "filename.pdf" (which is a parameter (filename.pdf=1)
which will be propagated to (and ignored by) all parsers and rendering
devices throughout the code).
So you don't have any input file in the above command.

> but not if i do:
>
>     pdf2swf -s -T9 filename.pdf

In this case, you're setting the parameter "-T9=1". This, too, will
be ignored.
What would you have expected the parameterless -s option to do?

> How hard would it be to set a flag that we could specify to pdf2swf
> that would tell it to not output rendered versions of form fields?

I don't know much yet about form fields- especially how they are
specified in the PDF file. Until I found time to look into this, I
guess you'll have to dig into the xpdf code yourself.
(I noticed that xpdf *does* specify a function "drawForm", but if
 you disable that, the forms will still be rendered, so this seems
 to be something else)

Greetings

Matthias