Re: [Swftools-common] Fwd: text selection tool

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Fwd: text selection tool
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 23:12:42 +0200

> I am new to SWFTools. Currently i am working on PDF2SWF coversion. I am
> using FDView as viewer and  I can already do the zoom and thumbnail and now
> working on the flipbook effect but really have no idea on how to make a text
> selection tool function according to user requirements.

Well, you usually register a few mouse handlers, and call
MovieClip.getTextSnapShot() and MovieClip.setSelected() on them.
(Using .hitTestTextNearPos() to determine the character positions
 for the setSelected() calls)

Taking a look at
    http://www.swftools.org/flash/textsnapshot.html
should get you started.