Re: [Swftools-common] Font Quality

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Font Quality
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:16:18 +0200

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 01:56:53PM -0400, Tony Stallan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have been messing around with the fontquality setting and cannot really
> see any changes to the quality of text in my swf. I have tried a setting of
> 10 right up to 90.

fontquality only affects the handling of 3rd order splines (which
are converted to 2nd order splines).
If your fonts don't contain many cubic splines, you won't
see much difference with different fontquality settings. (Check
for increases/decreases in file size to see whether there are any
cubic splines in your fonts at all)

Greetings

Matthias