[Swftools-common] How to use an external vector image as a viewer button

From: Cameron Bracken
Subject: [Swftools-common] How to use an external vector image as a viewer button?
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:01:31 -0700

Hi!

I making my own viewer via swfc and I want to get clickable buttons which scale without distortion.  Currently I am using jpeg image via the .jpeg command.  The buttons look fine if sized correctly like this:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/68015/currents/currents_jpeg_buttons.html

but if the animation is scaled up the buttons get distorted like this because they are raster images:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/68015/currents/currents_jpeg_buttons_scaled.html

The only way I could find to import external vector images was as swf's.  When I do that, the play button (which is an swf file) scales nicely but is not clickable like this:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/68015/currents/currents_swf_play_button.html

Any suggestions to make the swf button clickable?  Is there another way to include an external vector image (pdf, eps, swf)?

Thanks,

-Cameron Bracken

P.S.

The viewer code is here: