[Swftools-common] Re: Number of fonts in a pdf file

From: Bhupendra Singh
Subject: [Swftools-common] Re: Number of fonts in a pdf file
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:05:13 +0530

>> Can we know in advance number of used fonts in pdf?

>You mean *before* pdf2swf conversion? No.
>It wouldn't be hard to add this to the output of the "-I"
>parameter, though.
>Why do you need this?

I was trying to utilize frameresets parameter. Currently I am assuming
max Number of fonts in a pdf can be 100 (probably a fair apprx. :-)).
And I am choosing TAG-ID for fonts (define font tag) between 1 to 100,
for rest define tags, I am using 101 to 65535. it works fine. But if
used fonts are more than 100 then there might be a problem and if
there are merely few fonts (upto 10 or 20) then again we are loosing
these 70-80 tag IDs.

--
Best Regards,
Bhupendra