Re: [Swftools-common] rfxview: disable printing

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] rfxview: disable printing
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:31:46 +0100

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 11:41:10AM +0100, xian <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'd like to use rfxview, but disable printing. I know I can do this via
> disabling flash menu (as a flash paramenter in the html), but the text still
> can be printed if someone downloads the combined flash object and inserts it
> in a html page. My question is how to prepare the swf file not to print
> anything? I saw a tip (transparent rectangle) here, but I don't know if it
> is applicable for rfxview, and how:

It's not applicable for rfxview. The old "simpleviewer" had an
anti-printing rectangle. It's not been ported to rfxview yet.

If you can live with simpleviewer's limited functionality, just
remove the comment in from of
    //#define USE_WATERMARK 1
in swfs/simple_viewer.c and recompile, and then convert your PDFs
with the "-b" option.

Greetings

Matthias