Re: [Swftools-common] Reg : Reduce swf file size

From: kumar rajesh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Reg : Reduce swf file size
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:52:49 +0530

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for your reply.

The solution give by you works but it converts all the vectors to scalars(flattern all the images in the swf). But we dont want to do this. is there any other way to overcome this issue?

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 03:19:30PM +0530, Rajesh K. <address@hidden> wrote:

> We use SWF tools to convert PDF files to SWF files.

> Our requirement is to remove all/ most of the elements (Graphic or

> Vector) from outside the cropped area of a PDF file; we are interested

> only in the elements inside the crop area and not the ones outside it.

Try

    pdf2swf --flatten file.pdf -o file.swf .

That'll remove everything that's not actually visible in the file.

Matthias

So many new options, so little time. Windows Live Messenger.