Re: [Swftools-common] gfx module crash on windows - id table overflow

From: Bharat Varma
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] gfx module crash on windows - id table overflow
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 18:31:47 +0530

Unfortunately, I need this working on Windows :(
Let me try and see if I can use the subprocess module in some way.

Thank you.

2009/4/23 Matthias Kramm <address@hidden>
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 05:36:31PM +0530, Bharat Varma <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am not too worried about the PDF not getting converted. I believe that
> this is because of some sort of gradients in the PDF.
> However, is it possible to catch some sort of exception or something to stop
> python from crashing ? That way, it would be easier to handle the error and
> make a recovery.

Try forking the conversion into a seperate thread:

if os.fork():
   page.render(swf)
   sys.exit(0)
else:
   os.wait()

That will make it possible to recover from this error.

Matthias