Re: [Swftools-common] Conversion problem

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Conversion problem
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:52:12 +0200

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 05:24:14AM -0700, Farhad Seyedmehdi <address@hidden>
wrote:
> When converting PDFs
> to SWF, all texts in the pdf that have a gradient on it become black. Is
> there a
> way to maintain these gradients without converting the text to outline or
> converting the text to bitmap?

Yes, that's possible. Use
    pdf2swf -s poly2bitmap file.pdf -o file.swf
.

> http://training.publitas.nl/docs/thinLines.pdf
> http://training.publitas.nl/docs/thinLines.swf

This is a flashplayer issue- it zooms thin lines differently
than Acrobat. (zoom into the SWF file and you'll see that
the lines actually look correct)
(I'm open to suggestions on how to improve that behaviour, however
 during conversion pdf2swf has to choose one given line width, and
 for that width there'll always be a zoom level where the line
 looks different than in the PDF...)

Matthias